Is your Fronius inverter no longer producing data for your monitoring app? Let’s get that back for you with the Solar Analytica Fronius Inverter WiFi Reconnect Guide. The great news is that this is often only ever a minor issue. Chances are the solar energy system is still producing power. You simply can’t see this information being logged anymore through the Fronius Solar.web portal.
The following Fronius Inverter WiFi Reconnect Guide applies to all Fronius WiFi-enabled inverters, including the Fronius Galvo, Fronius Primo, Fronius Symo and the Fronius Hybrid models.
Ask yourself the following questions;
- Was there a blackout or a power outage recently?
- Has the modem been switched off for any reason?
- Have you recently changed your internet service?
- Has the modem been changed or upgraded?
- Has the solar system been switched off recently?
- Has an electrician been working on the property?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then there is a high chance your Fronius inverter has disconnected from your WiFi network. In a nutshell, your inverter is now trying to communicate through an IP (Internet Protocol) address that is no longer available from your modem.
You must know the steps to reconnect any WiFi-connected device as IP addresses will continue to change over time. Here’s how to get your Fronius inverter WiFi reconnected.
IMPORTANT: If your Fronius inverter has disconnected from your WiFi network, this will not affect your solar energy systems ability to produce energy. It will only prohibit communication to the Fronius Solar.web cloud server, affecting your ability to view solar production information.
Requirements before initiating sequence.
- Physical access to your Fronius inverter.
- A WiFi-enabled device such as a smartphone or tablet.
- Patience, the average reconnection time is 10mins.
The Fronius buttons are referred to below as 1, 2, 3, 4 (left to right) for ease of reference.
Step 1: Activate WiFi Access Point.
Go to your Fronius inverter. A number displaying the current solar production should be visible on the Fronius inverter display. Press the BACK button to enter the menu options carousel.
Locate the setup mode by pressing Button 2 and scrolling to the right until you locate the SETUP menu option.
Once you reach the SETUP menu option, press button 4 to ENTER .
Scroll down (button 2) to the WiFi Access Point, and select ENTER (button 4).
A message will appear Activate WiFi AP? Press ENTER (button 4) once again to activate the WiFi access point.
When the WiFi access point has finished loading, it will display the inverter connection details.
Step 2: Connect device WiFi.
Once the inverter has activated the WiFi access point, go to your WiFi-enabled device and open up the Settings.
Locate the WiFi settings and select the Fronius Inverter network (FRONIUS_240.#####).
Then, enter the password displayed on the inverter screen (12345678) and click join.
Step 3: Access setup assistant.
Once the inverter is connected to your WiFi-enabled device, open up your preferred web browser on the device (chrome, safari, explorer etc).
In the web browser, enter the IP address 192.168.250.181 in the search bar. Locate the settings menu on the right side of the page.
Locate the settings menu on the right side of the page. On the left-hand side of the page, select Network.
Step 4: Network setup.
Once the Network setup page has loaded, two columns are displayed Connection mode (left) and WLAN Settings (right).
1. Under the Connection mode column (left) select the Solar.web via WLAN option.
2. Under the WLAN Settings column (right) select the network you would like to connect your Fronius inverter to from the list of available networks.
TIP: Have your network name and password handy.
3. Tap the Set… button located on the bottom left-hand corner below the Available networks box. A small box will pop up called WLAN connection. Enter your network password then select Save.
CHECK: When you have successfully saved your network password, select Configure WLAN IP button, and ensure the Get address is set to dynamic (not static), then select OK.
4. Select Connect. A series of connection attempts will cycle with your chosen network. Once connected, a Network status page will display the modem connected to the inverter but No internet connection. In the WiFi settings on the mobile device which you are using, disconnect with the Fronius inverter and resume using an alternative WiFi source.
Log into Fronius Solar.web and your Fronius inverter should now be reconnected.
Prefer video? Sit back and relax with this manufacturer produced video of the Fronius Inverter Wifi Reconnect Guide.
By the end of this process, you’re probably thinking why isn’t there just a simple WPS button like many other WiFi-enabled appliances in your home? We hear you. Unfortunately, many mainstream inverter manufacturers haven’t adopted such modern conveniences yet. Therefore, this method currently is the best, most secure method for Fronius inverters.
Take your Fronius inverter to the next level.
The Fronius inverter monitoring platform is good, but why not experience next-level solar monitoring insight?
Add a Fronius Smart meter to view your entire load profile within the Fronius Solar.web app. View what is currently available in the basic Solar.web app plus energy consumption, energy export, true cost savings analysis and more.
Need further support? Seek additional answers by asking the Solar Analytica Community below.